NIOS on Campus
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National Open School (NOS) was established in November, 1989 as an autonomous organisation in pursuance of National Policy on Education 1986 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. NIOS is providing a number of Vocational, Life Enrichment and community oriented courses besides General and Academic Courses at Secondary and Senior Secondary level. It also offers Elementary level Courses through its Open Basic Education Programmes (OBE).
- Providing relevant, continuing and holistic education up to pre-degree level through Open and Distance Learning System.
- Contributing to the Universalisation of School Education.
- Catering to the educational needs of the prioritized target groups for equity and social justice
Our institution was one of the earliest schools affiliated with this program and has been the only center in a 5km radius of Bandra for the past 21 years. Mrs. Isabelle Gomes in her role as Asst. Co-ordinator of the program is available to counsel students and advise their parents on the program, the certification and recognition and on-going education benefits of enrolling in it.
Highlights and Features of the Program
- The program is available for students at both the Xth and XIIth Standard levels
- Courses can be taken online or through our campus
- Our fee structure is made affordable to encourage youth to obtain the certification
- Students enroll for the program online
- Books and study material are delivered directly to their residences by NIOS
- Though NIOS is an open schooling, we at St. Andrew’s conduct classes in the evening privately. Classes are conducted in the evening between 4pm and 6pm
For more information visit the NIOS website at http://www.nios.ac.in/
You can also call us at: +91 (22) 2655-6006
The NIOS Regional Director specially invited Fr. Magi Murzello to Delhi on 22-23 November 2013, for a national seminar and Silver Jubilee celebration of the program. Fr. Magi was fortunate to meet with the founder chairman of NIOS – Fr. T. V. Kunnunkal. An eminent educationist and social activist, Fr. Kunnunkal is a pioneer who built the foundations for a strong, open and distance education system in India.